running in circles

Friday, September 02, 2011

I have entered into that stage of life where I literally feel like I am walking in circles.

Wake up.
start coffee.
make bottle.
watch madmen while feeding baby.
pause.
drink coffee.
annie wakes.
change diaper.
make breakfast.
wonderpets.
clean kitchen.
clean toys.
play.
clean toys.
snack.
clean toys.
shower. maybe.
clean toys.
is it nap time yet?
no.
clean toys.
lunch.
nap time.
I should be cleaning.
but I blog.
clean toys.
what? she's up already??
play.
clean toys.
melt down.
spanking.
think about dinner.
clean toys.
chores. I have to make this house look orderly before josh gets home.
clean everything.
enter josh.
I enter kitchen.
make dinner.
pray.
baths.
bedtime.
clean toys.


4 comments :

Corrie said...

just quit cleaning up the toys. It'll take out about one third of the work. ;)

Marc & Amy said...

the liturgy of a mom...

Brooke Jared said...

well said:)

Inkling said...

I so hear you. I like the idea of thinking of it like your commenter who called it the "liturgy of a mom". Makes it seem somehow less depressing and hard. But I do know what you mean. I try not to think about the total lack of adult conversation and all that being a mama to a toddler entails. My only way to survive (and try to thrive) is to do this one day at a time, and sometimes it's only a moment at a time. I start out most days opening my eyes and beseeching Jesus for help when I realize that my first thought for the day is usually "how soon is naptime?"

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground