whew

Saturday, September 10, 2011

this has been one of those weeks where I have had to roll with the punches.

sometimes literally. (I have a feisty 2 year old).

For some time, I have had plans to fly to Georgia this weekend to see my cousin Matthew get married. A little over a year ago, on a rainy night- our last night of vacation in Georgia, I woke up to go to the bathroom, and my family was sitting around the kitchen table. My stomach sunk before I even had heard the news- but the news was that my cousin Matthew had been in a serious car accident, and he was literally fighting for his life.

So, I of course jumped at the chance to see this guy get married!!! The plans were in place, and then it all started falling a part. Sickness creeped in. Josh's mom got sick. The girls got sick. So, after my dad talked me off my emotional ledge,  I focused on the next task in front of me. I decided if I just kept doing that, and I got to 10 oclock the next day and was able to drive to the airport- then I would go!

Well, the morning arrived and the girls seemed on the mend. I sent Annie on her way to school, and then Millie and I made our way to the airport. We sat by the nicest lady who was on her way to Ghana for a mission trip. She held Millie the WHOLE WAY. It was so kind of her.

We arrived safely to Atlanta (I hate ATL airport, by the way). And started our festivities!  And then it happened. Millie started getting congested again. The fever started. And the night from hell ensued.

At 1 in the morning, I thought to myself- MY PLAN FAILED! HOW COULD I BE SO NAIIVE!!!

In a moment of genius, I put Amelia in her carseat, where she FINALLY fell asleep for 3 hours. At this point, she was comfortable enough to sleep in her crib. I slept. And sanity returned to my soul.

We had a lovely day yesterday. Relaxed. Took a walk. And enjoyed an amazing evening with my family! This weekend, I am meeting family that I have never met before, and it has been so special!

Amelia slept like a dream last night, and I would have, but I ate TOO much.

And I won't tell you how much we cried last night during all the speeches.

Today is the BIG DAY!!!

I am so glad I came. That I brought Millie. and that we have overcome our little bumps in the road.

A reminder, that all I have is the moment in front of me. I should savor it, or remind myself that it will pass (depending on what kind of moment it is!!!)

2 comments :

Camille said...

Love this post Brooke and am sad about it too! Hate that you are in GA and I can't see you! So glad you came and praying for this special day with your family! Love to you!

Sue Brown said...

And what a wonderful week we had! I am so happy to have finally met you Brooke, and little Millie is adorable. Someday I will meet Annie too. The wedding was so beautiful and meaningful. God is good. Hope the girls are all well again and you are back to sanity. Aunt Sue

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground