when the fields are dry, and the winter is long
blessed are the meek, the hungry, the poor
when my soul is downcast, and my voice has no song
for mercy, for comfort, I wait on the Lord
-----in feast or fallow, sandra mccracken
I just returned from three days on the coast. sans kiddos. a-mazing. I truly needed this so much. Just time to breathe, be, eat, shop- unhindered. As I sat in my chair and let the waves roll in, I felt weight literally being lifted off me. There was mental space, and physical space, sleep, and genuine play. it was a gift that every mom should insist upon. do it for yourself. but also do it for your family.
I am back, and I loved seeing my little munchkins.
I feel like my heart is full. full enough to stare the humdrum of life with little ones in the face again. to not feel threatened by their sweet ways of overwhelming me.
while at the beach, I had some time to listen to some good music. let is wash over me. in feast or fallow- is my prayer these days. for me, and so many I know.
longing for the day when all sad things are made untrue (sam, lord of the rings)
until then, reaching deep for a grateful heart, for all the good things I possess.
this, too, is true.
1 comment :
were we thinking the same thing or WHAT?! Glad you also got a restful break.
Post a Comment