It's been well over a year since Annie lost her hair. I had not done her "2 year" photos because of some weird psychological block. I just didn't want to accept that this was happening. Documenting it seemed to make it more real. These photos go in the frames, you know. on the wall. They are her story. Pictures she will look at years from now to remember her story. I do that with my own childhood photos. Piecing my years together into something like some map of the world. Pictures navigate our stories. They invoke emotion. they speak.
this is why I am a photographer.
because sometimes there are no words. or not enough.
and well, the picture says all it needs to in silence.
but IF this picture could speak, I think it would say.....
Annie, beholding wonder. never letting the world sleep. there is too much to touch, hold, breath, take in. Too much to smile at. Too many faces to cheer, endear, love. too much beauty. who needs rest. I am LIFE. I am tender. I am Annie.

3 comments :
LOVE this Brooke.
Beautiful. Totally understand.
Absolutely beautiful!!!
Post a Comment