
I was thankful to fall upon these words today. Given that we've been snowed in for well over a week, with my big event for the week being stuck in the hospital for a few hours with an IV pumping wells of hydration into my body. You take your thrills where you can get them.
If you've ever experienced any kind of discomfort or illness, you know that often the only space in your soul is what needs to take place for survival. I feel like I have been living this life for most of the pregnancy, and while I am weary, I have come to that place where the rainbow is visible. hope is near. the end, or beginning, is in site.
These past three years have been the hardest of my life. I make no apologies for that. But I am thankful for the inklings of faith that seem to be sprouting again. I would not take back these difficult years. They have made me real and shown me what is inside. It's not always pretty, but I like to know what I am dealing with, and so in that respect, I am thankful for the illumination (though not always so beautiful to see)
so, I am thankful for E. Peterson's words, today. for today is the day that has been given.
1 comment :
Thanks, Brooke--I needed to hear that. :)
Post a Comment