amelia brooke jared

Tuesday, February 08, 2011


well, here she is! I have yet to take a real picture with my real camera, but promise to do so soon!

and now for a brief introduction.

Sunday night, I was starting to feel the dread of living another week pregnant. I was so miserable and sleep was so horrible that I honestly thought I would lose my mind. I guess the Lord knew, and rescued me from my misery.

I was feeling contraction-y all evening, but had been feeling this way for sometime. I decided to go lay on the couch and find a place within myself settle my heart and mind and try and focus on what my body was really doing. We still have a large amount of snow on the ground and the logistics of calling someone to watch Annie and getting to the hospital should things get moving along in the middle of the night were rolling around in my head, just about the time a nice, large contraction came my way. And with that contraction came water, which I admit I thought was pee, but after standing up realized, we indeed had a situation:)

I calmly told Josh he needed to call Aunt Linda, and from there, everything happened in record speed. This was around 10pm.

By 10:15 Linda walked in, and we walked out. By 10:30 we were walking to labor and delivery. Within a few minutes contractions were coming one after another, I was dilated to 6, and all hands were on deck to get me to an OR for a c-section.

And at 12:23, Little Amelia was born! whew.

She is sweet as can be.

As for her health- she's had a bit of a rough start, because we like a little drama around here. She was under some oxygen for awhile the first day, had IV fluids running, and some rapid breathing. She is slowly ridding herself of all of the above- just what we call in baby nursing world, a "transitioning" baby. Not all wee ones come out ready to greet the world with open arms. Mine certainly don't!

Can't wait to share more in the coming days. Thanks all for prayers and love and words. We're so glad she is here. I am so utterly thankful to not be pregnant.
peace abounds.

love, brooke

9 comments :

Ashley said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Welcome to a precious, precious family little Amelia. Can't wait to meet you!

Marc & Amy said...

yay!! welcome, amelia! congrats to you guys! She is beautiful!!

Inkling said...

Yay! Now I'll just pray for a good recovery for you and a good transition in the world for little Amelia. I am so glad you didn't have to wait any longer.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brooke and Josh!
Aunt Cindy

Courtney said...

She is precious, Brooke! I am glad things went relatively smooth. As I read your story I kept thinking it must be so weird to go into labor, even have your water break and have a section. So different from the way things happen around here. Take care and rest up so you can have a quick recovery. Congratulations!

Jessica said...

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! So exciting and I can totally relate to the 'finally not pregnant any more' feeling of relief (fresh in my mind since Théo is only 3 months old!)
Praise be to God for another healthy lovely Jared girl!

Jenn said...

I love her cheeks!! Precious. Wish you lived closer so I could love on you with a hot meal that you didn't have to worry about - and I'd take Annie so she could come play with Sydney Kate and Eli. How fun would that be?? Thinking and praying for you guys as you make the transition to having two little ones - and as you recover from the c-section. love you friend.

Jackie Fogas said...

Oh Brooke, so glad to hear a bit of the story! Congrats an another gorgeous little girl. So glad that her arrival and your experience was much smoother than Annie's.

Becky said...

Congratulations Brooke and Josh! I know you will be glad to see your "mommie" come through the door tomorrow. I will pray for healing for you with your section, sleep for ALL, calm for Annie, and joy with Amelia. love, Becky

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground