Yesterday, I called the OB first thing because the office had been closed all week, and my almost 38 week self was getting nervous- I go to a huge practice, so I was dreading calling, just knowing it was going to be insane. I was told to come in, I would be seen by somebody at some time. yikes.
well, we live close, so we made a mad dash for the office, hoping I would be an early arriver, and I was. I was feeling rather perky, even. I had make up on, and actually felt slightly energetic. Nurse took my blood pressure and it was high, which I was surprised by considering how calm and good I felt. Dr. came in to tell me there was protein in the ole pee cup as well as ketones, so he took my blood pressure again and it was fine. He then did all the usual unpleasant things an OB does at the end of pregnancy, only to tell me my cervix had thinned out considerably, and perhaps I was starting to labor. He sent me over to L and D/ had them pump some IV fluids in me since I was apparently ridiculously dehydrated and monitor the baby. Baby looked fine on the monitor and they dumped 2 liters of fluid in me in two hours and sent us on our merry way.
so, here we sit, this sunny saturday. Just a little over a week out from meeting Miss Amelia, if not sooner. Time will tell, I am sure.
Until then, We will enjoy the cuteness that has overtaken Annie these past couple of weeks.
Annie has learned the art of possession, and everything is "mines".
It's pretty cute.
but I have to laugh when she's not looking, you know, so we can parent and all.
and, how can I forget? Annie is sleeping in a little toddler bed! We started last weekend, and she has done really well. We're still not sleeping through the night, but she actually stays in the bed and is taking awesome naps. Can't believe how big she is getting.
***one should never write how good their child is doing. She refused to nap to day, and just pooped in the bath. Josh almost had a coronary.
1 comment :
Okay, so that last little addendum totally made me giggle. The ironic thing is that before I read it, I was thinking, "Wow, I should write a comment and ask her how they accomplished the whole toddler bed thingy without too much fuss." My husband and I are thinking we may just move out of our bed and into another one, and our son can keep our bed since it seems to be his preferred location.
I'm with you on the "mines". That is our latest here too, only for our little guy it means, "let me do this myself without help." I think it's going to drive me crazy, especially when he has no concept of what is actually safe to do on his own. Carrying the Mac laptop? Not so much. Fixing his own bottle? Again, not so much. He has a total meltdown when his "mine" is met with, "No, Mama has to help." Two. Such a glorious stage. So totally hard but often fun.
Praying for you as you come into the countdown to Baby Amelia. I find myself asking Jesus to give you a safe birth and an easy one this time around.
Post a Comment