I have been managing surprisingly well. I was even surprised at how level I had been feeling- nothing like those first few weeks with Annie, when I felt like everything was vulnerable and one breath away from disappearing forever.
but, I suppose the fatigue has settled in, and the reality of having a newborn that feeds every hour to two hours, and the separation that inherently brings with my relationship with Annie- well, it all kind of heaped itself on me in the last day. and so, the time for long, deep breaths has come my way.
we made it to church yesterday, which was good. I knew the sermon would be lost to me. not enough brain cells working to synthesize those words. but the hymns were good. I was struck by one verse.
Land me safe on Canaan's side
Bid my anxious fears, bid my anxious fear
Land me safe on Canaan's side
Bid my anxious fears, bid my anxious fears, goodbye
I suppose at the end of the day, this is what we all want.
to land on safe of Canaan's side.
thankful for music. thankful for words. and thankful
for the little bit of sleep that I received last nite.
1 comment :
Brooke, we sang that same song yesterday at our church, too! Praying for you now, that God would give you rest and bid your anxious fears goodbye.
Post a Comment