without hair, y'all.
it seems so trivial, and yet it would be this one huge thing that will no doubt be such a deep part of her identity. I can think of a million metaphors for hair, and even scripture's reference do God counting all of them on our head- this picture of such deep love and knowing. it's like He is saying- i know you so well, I know the number of hairs on your head. no one else knows that. but I do.
which brings me back to the place of total dependency. I believe, but I also cry out like the scriptures, help my unbelief.
the sky is so dark right now, and rain falls hard outside my window. it's an odd comfort.
It's days like this, that I certainly feel the curse of Eve. The pain of childbirth- that ongoing ache of loving someone so much and feeling at the mercy of so many unknowns.
and yet, even as I write, Annie is laughing at the thunder. seriously, laughing at a storm.
to have faith like a child. now that's something to be jealous about.
3 comments :
i'll be praying and hoping for the best possible outcome. call me on the long way home. love you! give annie kisses.
Carrie
Brooke,
I too am praying for you all and your appointment tomorrow and look forward to hearing an update. Much love, jackie
call it a sister intuition but i woke up with a heavy heart, too. love you and annie so much. be safe and we will be praying for good news.
Post a Comment