but that's because I am from Georgia. we're of the dawg variety.
but this wasn't really supposed to be about football.
this week, like high tide, making it's way to my toes- has been the South. on my heart. in my bones.
for the most part, I do ok. we have more blessings than we can bundle up in our arms and carry. But, I can't shrug off that feeling of being a desert pilgrim. and just wanting to be home.
I blame it on the Indigo Girls. I listened to their Austin City Limits version of "three county highway". I was immediately transported to somewhere outdoors. windows down. Rural, pine tree filled road. Music playing. Boiled peanut stand on the side of the road. Cotton fields. and peace. heaps and heaps of peace.
I'll be here as long as God wants us here. This I know. but a girl can dream.
and hope.
now, go listen to that song.
1 comment :
The south misses you too. I love Indigo Girls so much. Always conjures up so many emotions and memories. Can't wait to see you in July!
Post a Comment