I love Welsie. I have not loved her well, though, these past couple of years. I keep feeling this heaping amount of guilt- thinking- how could you not love her? How could you shoot her such mean glances and such harsh words. But I do, and have.
So, long story short. We put Welsie up for adoption about a month ago. She deserves better, and will make such a sweet companion dog to someone who needs that. We loved her for that reason for a long time.
but babies and giant breed dogs don't mix, at least for us, and so we filled out the paper work and left it in God's hands. I was open to whatever happened. We love her, of course, and I was open to letting her go- but not excited about it.
Last night we got a call. Someone wants sweet Welsie.
She'll probably be gone by next week.
So, it seems like perfect timing. as we pack boxes and start life in our new home.
I also feel a great deal of sadness. and that's ok.
1 comment :
Hi Brooke, I feel your pain. Back in the day when our daughter was about your sweet Annie's age, we had an adorable Scottie named Tyke. We loved him until he nipped at Brenda when she was crawling on the floor. That was it, he was gone to a loving home before the week was out. We never looked back. Your priorities definitely change when you have a baby. I hope you won't miss Welsie too much. Enjoy your daughter. Love, Aunt Sue
Post a Comment