So today, I have finally found myself a day off! Of course, there is plenty that needs to be accomplished, but I am enjoying the slow start.
Annie is good. She kicks and turns and does all sorts of gymnastics these days. It's cute for awhile, then a little uncomfortable, then slightly annoying as I try to get to sleep. She is super active from like 4 in the afternoon until I fall asleep. I can't believe we are creeping up on the end of this pregnancy. I am getting more nervous these days- realizing we still need things. like diapers. and a car seat. All the details kind of overwhelm me at times! I am hoping that nesting instinct kicks in pretty soon. I need some motivation...
On the church front- we found a beautiful Episcopal Church this weekend. It's the first church we have really connected with on some level. Of course, there are all kinds of theological conundrums we are facing- and the Episcopal church has gone in some directions that we have deep reservations about. And yet, the irony is that this feels like one of the truest places we have found to worship. I don't know how it will all end up, and frankly, I am pretty tired of worrying about who has it right and who doesn't. I don't know how far we can or are willing to compromise- I suppose our time there will only answer that question.
So there you go- a few more boring details!
3 comments :
Hey Brooke - since many of us won't be able to see you before Annie's arrival please register for baby stuff somewhere online and then post the site. That way we can go shopping for little Annie and you won't get too many duplications!! love you my friend
Brooke, I agree with Jenn. And you have nothing to fear your maternal instincts will kick in when the time comes!
brooke, totally hear your church concerns. i am right there with you as i also attend an episcopal congregation which, for some reason, feels like home...safe, that is.
i am tired of wondering who's right and who's wrong...and wondering if that is even worth the time and energy we put into it.
Post a Comment