I paint lots of pictures in my head these days- wondering what life will be like on the other side of this desert. Carrying a child really does change everything. Josh jokingly said the other day- we should move to Seattle. Last year, I would have loved that idea. I would have loved the idea of moving anywhere exciting and beautiful. But now- it just feels so different. I want solid ground and, and security, and family near. I want for Annie the things that made me feel safe. I want her to partake in community the way I experienced it as a child, and even more as an adult. I am lucky to have had this. I want the same for her. I firmly believe her life will be more whole if she sees her parents participating in relationships with others, having friends, being a whole person with interests and dreams of our own.
Perhaps that will happen here- I have to at the very least be open to that, I know. I am also open to getting the heck out of dodge:)
Today, I am thankful to be sharing a day with Josh's family- which has been the one saving grace of being in this new place. We'll be celebrating Annie's impending arrival with hotdogs and chili- which is my kind of shower. I am thankful for the small graces.
And in case anyone is counting- 7 more weeks until baby. 4 more weeks of work. 5 weeks until Thanksgiving break (a whole week with Josh!). 2 weeks until les, jacks, and dear carrie come and visit.....Lots to look forward to!
2 comments :
Brooke- we were not as far away in Tennessee as you are in Tulsa, but we look on those 3 years there as our time in the wilderness. Know that I do understand the lonely place/state you are in. Looking back, God used that time to shape us individually and as a family. It was so hard, sometimes even unbearable, but we wouldn't trade it. I will certainly be praying for you. Enjoy your visit with friends and family!
we passed "mr and mrs josh's" old house today and spoke of how we wished you were still there. we will continue to pray and miss you tons.
Post a Comment