thoughts and meanderings

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I have had tons of thoughts soaring in my head today. We went back to the Episcopal church to day, and it was beautiful, a bit lofty, even regal. I was thinking about Jesus and the Last Supper. How it seemed simple, a family meal, but loaded with meaning. I took communion today and it was more regal than I am used to. More of a taste of the glory to come, I guess. I just kept thinking about Jesus, what he would think about it all. I get all swept up the the beauty at this church- but deep down I wonder if anyone knows anybody else. I have tasted the beauty and heartache of community- and I miss it. I have also longed for the beauty of worship, that something that takes me to other side a bit more- the side of reverence and humility, and longing for the reality of redemption.

I was reading a blog today (kristen's)- as she was sharing her experience of living on Southside. Living among the people I did, just a few short months ago. And then something subtle and gracious happened- it wasn't that I was not sad, because I was. I miss where we have left. I miss our life there. But somehow I was able to hear God's voice. Just that inner whatever- that was telling me He was taking care of us, here. That seasons change, and that particular season has passed for us.

And so here we are.

I have 5 more weeks of work- I am taking three weeks off before the due date (cassia suggested this!).  Two of those weekends are booked with family and friends, which I greatly need. And the Holidays arrive, and baby arrives, and our world changes forever.

I still haven't bought a diaper. a car seat. among other things. For whatever reason, those two things feel so REAL. And honestly, most days I just can't wrap my head around Annie being a person. 

signing off...

1 comment :

kristen said...

(((brooke))) I am glad God comforted you and sorry that my blog post even had the potential of grieving you so.

And hey, if you want slingy advice, please drop me an email. A sling, a miracle blanket, some diapers, 0-3m sleepers and a carseat, that's all you really need to be a sane mommy.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground