well, I have looked at the ugly oak furniture long enough. We have on numerous occasions been tempted to leave this furniture on the street, but seeing that we don't really have money to throw down on lots of furniture, and my conscience telling me that this was decent furniture- it just needed some redemption- I decided, with the prodding of my sister and mother- to paint it. I did the first of three pieces today. I started small, in case I didn't like the color. I LOVE it! I put a photo of one of the remaining pieces so you could see the transformation. I guess you know what I'll be doing all weekend!
And on a side note, while this option is much cheaper than buying new furniture, new hardware does not come cheap- at least the ones I like. That, I am convinced, is a racket. There is no way one little knob should cost 4-6 dollars at lowes.
But, I do love my new little nightstand.

6 comments :
oh my stars...it looks amazing!!! i am almost in shock at how good it looks. yeah!
it looks great! At Home has really cool pulls and such as well.
It's straight out of HGTV. Fantastic work.
it looks awesome! so much better than before!
we did the same thing to our ugly dark outdated brown furniture... years ago only with a distressed look. it's amazing how paint can bring new life to things... your nightstand looks adorable.
so, so cute. i just painted our oak furniture black and it is utterly transformed!! way to gone you nesting mama.
Post a Comment