so josh and I bought a car today. we were both a bit anxious about the process, and not really the bargaining types. We did a bunch of research and felt as ready as you could be to deal with SALES people. I can't fault sales people- that is their job, I just wish it wasn't so dramatic.
We talked with a nice man, and we went through all the back and forth with numbers. Josh was AWESOME. I knew he was a badass, but I had doubts about the buying of the car process. At one point, the guy said, "if I don't come out here with the number you want, what are you going to do?" Josh said, totally deadpan " I am going to go eat lunch, because I am hungry.". The guy came back 5 minutes later with "you win" written across the paper.
So we now have a Volvo Wagon. I am pretty sure that makes us yuppies- but I don't care. My dog has a place to be, and I am not driving a pick up truck.
9 comments :
I need to see a picture! Seems that several in our little circle of friends are becoming Volvo wagon yuppies...who cares, they're great cars aren't they?
Congrats!
he's a punkass badass. go josh!!!
Yuppie or not, the Volvo Wagon is my dream car. Ain't no shame in that game.
Congrats on your badass husband and your sweet new car.
Y'all are both badasses, we are all yuppies at heart, or all like the nice things that yuppies have, which makes us yuppies wannabe's. Maybe you can come see me in your yuppie car in my new yuppie neighborhood....
I'm a little frustrated by the fact that I am consistently underestimated. Heck, even my own wife doesn't know how bad my ass is. I guess that just makes me sneaky, like a ninja.
les- i forgot about punkass. good times.
amanda- glad I am in good company.
suz- i will not visit you unless you stay right where you are. seriously.
jj- you're funny. and a badass.
Brooke that reminds me of one of the few cool people that came through the Wolf camera drive through where I worked. She bought a volvo wagon for her two huge blacker than midnight great Danes. They were so nice and she would pull up so that they were at the window for a bit for their treats we had fro them. I cracked me up to see tham standing in the back looking down at people from the side windows. Enjoy your car!
Hey Brooke! You are so cool! Love to have found your blog through the Shull's. Hope all is well. Mitch and I are living in Franklin, but hope to make it back to Birmingham sometime soon. Check out our blog - www.stephensfamilyblog.blogspot.com
Hey - Can you take pictures of my kids? They are 3 and almost 2.
We have a vovlo wagon, too, although we like to think of ours as vintage...it's 10 years old, but I still love it!
that's so funny....we bought a volvo wagon last week too!!! We must be the coolest group of friends ever...now me, you and ashley are all on the volvo wagon train!!!
Post a Comment