kind of glad?

Monday, December 03, 2007

I bought a second camera a couple of months ago, because I was starting to shoot some weddings alone. It was canon's new 40d, several steps up from my xti (which I adore), and I have been trying really hard to adore it (the 40d). really hard. I can't really explain it, but something has felt off about this camera from the get go. All the reviews I had read were great, but me, I was secretly using my (now beat up ragged looking) xti. ALOT. more than I should having a newer, shinier, camera.

and then yesterday. it just quit. I have had it all of 60 days and something is bad wrong. I think my instincts were right. it was a dud camera. a really nice dud camera.

so off it goes to New Jersey today, where I have begged in a letter to send me a camera by Friday (preferably a new, non dud version), as I have a wedding on Saturday.

I still have the trusty xti, which I would have secretly shot with anyway.

1 comment :

Dustin Baker said...

I didn't know you shot an xti. That's the camera I just purchased. And am also learning to adore. It's going to take me a long time to learn how to use it properly, though. A bit more feature rich than the old Olympus 35mm manual-everything camera I learned to shoot on. But film is free!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground