juno

Friday, December 28, 2007

i have been waiting to see this movie for awhile now- and it was worth the wait. Ellen Page was amazing. clever, witty. All the supporting actors/actresses were really good, too. I realize I am pretty bad at film reviews. I don't even really like film reviews. i saw it. i liked it. That's it.

I also finally got to see Once this past week. GO RENT this FILM. today. It is really a beautiful film, and the music is amazing. My music abilities are itsy bitsy, 10 long years of piano lessons, and I got nothing. I see people playing the piano, and I can see how they just get it, you know. All that to say, I really envy the community of music, and I wish I could partake in it somehow. And I do, I suppose, by listening- and I will continue to do so. This film was a beautiful story about two people finding a voice and telling that story. I kind of felt my heart breaking the whole time. in a good way.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

We just rented Once and really were impressed at the non-Hollywood realism of the story. The guy's voice totally reminded me of Radiohead's Thom Yorke -- whose voice I love (England, Ireland, and Scotland produce incredible musicians). It was a lovely story and I loved the music. Did you notice that you never know the lead characters names?

Anonymous said...

My favorite scene was the one where she goes to get batteries in the middle of the night ... I think that the music is best in that scene, and works best with what's happening visually. That one scene reminded me of Bjork's Dancer in the Dark - which you NEED to see, if you liked this movie. I really liked Once, too - the ending was perfect - but I actually didn't like the music as much as I wanted to (I really wanted to like it for the sake of the movie).

Anonymous said...

I neglected to clarify that my comment refers to Once, not Juno. Haven't yet seen the latter, although I really want to!

cagedwisdom said...

Once was the second best movie of the year and a certain thoughtful boyfriend surprised his girl with it for Christmas.

Juno was good, saw it last night. I didn't believe the girl until she cried. I must say that Juno missed me on the quirky, funny but still care about the characters meter. What did hit me, and was the movie of the year, was Lars and the real Girl.

Happy New Year my dear Bianca and you to Brooksie.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you (yesterday)!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground