Christmas. I have so many thoughts about this time of year. I don’t feel like I have partaken of the festive elements this year as much. I feel like I am wading through some fairly complex emotions this year, too, which has made things seem strange, and yet oddly real- like I really NEED Christmas. I need help. I need forgiveness. I feel badly for things I have said, thoughts I have had, being harsh, unkind, the list goes on. I feel like I need to write a global apology letter. Please forgive me for all things rude, impatient, unkind. I have been all, and million other things.

The good news is I found some new found freedom this year to give simply. I made things and framed my photos, made recipe books, and bought good wine. Things that I love, I gave to people I love, and I hope I can keep things as simple in the years to come.

Looking forward to being with family. Taking a long walk. listening to the last few days of wintery holiday music. taking a break from work. drinking some hot coffee from my favorite corporate giant (starbucks).

2007 will be over soon, and as much as it has taught me, I am glad to see it go. I hope this year brings us a bigger family, whatever way that might occur. Until then, josh and I (and the lovely welsie) wish you well. Merry Christmas!

3 comments :

Suzanne Owen Jones said...

LOVE the card. Very classy and pretty. I have hope for 2008 for you and josh, for me, for our church, for our friends.... I love you dear.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. Merry Christmas to you, too (or Winter Festivus, as the case may be - to each his own, you know), and here's to a Happy 2008!

Susan said...

and merry christmas to you, brookie! (and josh and welsie.) i love you!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground