josh and i are off to st louis for a wedding tomorrow. I am really. really. looking forward to it. it's been over a year since we have visited our beloved city, and it's time. I am hoping the open road will do my soul some good. It's been such a hard month. I feel like I always say that. but it has.
but good is always within arms reach. for one, I am working part-time now. I am hoping to create some more space for brooke jared photography. people keep writing and calling- which makes me feel so good. like this is what I was meant to do. so keep telling your friends. pretty please.
we are still not pregnant. i know one day i will be thankful for the words I wrote during this season of life. to remember the journey by. sometimes I would rather not write, and pretend this is not happening to us. but it is. and i mostly hate it- but i am not alone. and if i can remember that, i do better.
my dad gets on to me about remaining positive. having a plan. both of those things I am aim for. some days it is more of a longing, a place I wish I were. all and all I believe we will have a baby. at some point. it's the getting there, you know.
ahh.... i need a good laugh. i feel one coming on.
more from the road, until then....
3 comments :
this season will just be a faint memory when the time is just right...until then i love you and am praying for you. have a fabulous trip...addison misses aunt brooksie and uncle joshie already :)!
brooke, thanks for being so open about your journey toward a little one... i will pray for you guys.
brooksie, wow...am tearing up reading your blog while in class (the lecturer probably thinks she is getting to me with her not-so compelling lecture on gender and sexuality). am tearing up from reading your struggles with infertility. am tearing up from the hard month i have had with grappling with my singleness...still at 31. am tearing up at looking at your AMAZING photography (visited the photography website first and you are a natural...one day i want you to take photos at my wedding. still hopeful eh?). am tearing up because i miss you, my friend. i love you...and am thinking about you much here in LA.
jb (jen blackwell, that is).
Post a Comment