Remember your words

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It took 5 years,  but I had my first "girls" weekend with some local friends. Ironically, all but one have moved to Texas, but it was such a gift to spend time with these women. Friendships are like a long, winding road, sometimes filled with hours of conversation, and sometimes filled with silence. This past weekend we talked for hours, drank lots of coffee, shopped, ate some more, laughed and cried. These kind of friendships have sustained me my entire life, and I would be lost without this beautiful gift. Thank you JESUS, in every way, for this gift. Seriously.

People talk about their favorite things. Friendship is probably my most favorite. I would take one of the these weekends every year over the most exotic vacation. It is that life giving.

When I moved to Tulsa, one of the things I told myself was that every place I have lived, I have met someone I could not imagine not knowing.

I had my doubts about Tulsa, but those words have proven true.


No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground