Halloween to Thanksgiving has been a blur.
Between ear tubes, and throw-up viruses, and weird colds and pink eye issues, and some strep throat to round it all off- whew.
poor me a glass of something.
Through sheer determination, I pushed through the worst knife blades in my throat sickness experience, and we drove to North Georgia to spend Thanksgiving at the cabin. We showed up 3 days later than anticipated, but the weather was glorious, and the girls were in hog heaven. It took me an entire day to recover once we got there, but I felt like I got two good days in, and then we started the long haul home.
We landed here today, and everyone's a little crazy. Hopefully a good night's rest will cure that.
I feel like this is the deep breath week, before Advent starts next Sunday. I have ideas whirling around in my head and hoping I can make this season meaningful and magical for my kiddos (And for me). We are going to try our hand at a Jesse tree, and see what happens.
It takes a fair amount of courage to block out the noise of life, consumer frenzy, and whatnot, but I think there is something worth fighting for in all of it- and I hope and pray that each year the gifts feel more intentional, given from a place that wants to celebrate another person. And for the record, starbucks cards are definitely a meaningful gift for me. just saying.
Josh and I talked alot today on our drive, how traveling stirs up longings. Like, I would really like to live on that horse farm in Memphis we passed by. Or, if we won the lottery, our decisions would be so different. Or would they?
All we have our the days given, in the ways they have unfolded. For the first time in a long time, the traveling was restful and not did not stir up discontent. I loved being there, but I also knew we had a home to go to. Good jobs. family and friends who love us (near and far). Sure I dream. I wish my sister was down the road. I think, wow, that would make life so different.
and maybe she will be down the road one day.
all that to say. We're home.
and tired.
and full.
No comments :
Post a Comment