how is it May? How is it that Millie will be 15 months old next week? How is Annie looking more and more like a little girl, and not my little toddler?
I dropped the girls off at Mother's day out on Tuesday, and my heart sank.
Where is the time going? I came home to a quiet house and realized how much I missed them. I am normally not like this, but every now and then, that panic-y feeling comes over me and I want to freeze time. and just sit with them.
Annie is talking more and more about her hair. She was looking at some stickers in a Fancy Nancy coloring book the other day, and she exclaimed, "that's annie!!!". I thought it was so interesting, because I do picture her like that, too. And then yesterday, there was this big mural at the yogurt store, and it had a lady with big blue eyes and sweeping blond hair. Annie said, "mommy, that's me. that's my hair".
There is a certain relief to be able to start talking about this some with her. She's getting it, you know.
But then, I am lost. I just have no idea how to guide her. I just keep saying, you are beautiful. you are beautiful. you are beautiful.
I do not think she struggles to believe this. may this gift linger. because it's true.
So, let's talk about the bald barbie.
I have mixed feelings- because, like your girls, my Annie actually likes her dolls to have hair. She likes to play with it, brush it, etc...so although the bald barbie wins points for being sensitive and inclusive, I am just not sold on it. Maybe Annie will find some comfort in something like that- and that will be for her to share with me, and not for me to decide. I could be completely wrong about it. And I am ok with that.
But, if we are going to make Barbie's that look like real women, we have a long way to go. A bald one is a good start- but maybe we shouldn't be taking our physical identity cues from Barbie, anyway.
and Millie- or Millie moo as we call her. She is walking! She is saying a few words, but nothing super distinct. She is a drama queen. It's hilarious. She climbs on everything. I KNOW we will here a thunk in the night before its all said and done. She will definitely climb out of her crib as soon as she figures it out- no doubt. Annie still doesn't climb. She is totally a cautious first born.
Millie laughs and giggles, and she has the most hilarious walk. She puts her shoulders back and kind of sachets around. It's really funny- and actually reminds me alot of my niece Addison.
Annie continues to RUN everywhere. I think she will be our athlete.
The way Millie eats food, her gifts may lie in the kitchen. and rock climbing, of course.
have a great weekend.
No comments :
Post a Comment