lent and little ones

Friday, February 24, 2012

my lenten promise is to be present.

present in lent.
present with my children.

it's a big hope. a big goal.

I'll probably fail.

but, i might get better, too.

not better, like legalistic better.

but better, like maybe I'll be more like Jesus better.

with his help, of course.

Lent, for the church, has been a season of repentance. A chance to meditate on the cross.

Traditionally, christians have entered into a season of fasting. This has taken up various shapes or forms over the years.

So, I am fasting from distractions. I am trying to be mindful of the fox that creeps in the vineyard, so to speak.

this changes from day to day, but my eyes are open, watching.

practicing presence.

so, my presence here will be limited. 

the sun is heating up the days. we peek outside, open the windows. it is good.


1 comment :

Becky said...

Awesome Brooke! I am right there with you on practicing being present, especially since my brother's diagnosis of colon cancer. And just having awareness of the fox creeping in the vineyard is the first step for us to recognize what gets us off track. You are beautiful with words and I appreciate what you share. Love you, Becky

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground