My sweet mom arrives today. We have joked that since our move here, every visit has been centered around something dramatic. Her, coming to rescue me or josh- or coming for a "holiday", which 2 of the past 3 have involved me being baby sick- which basically is like hanging out with someone with the flu. how fun!
so, once again she arrives in the midst of drama, but at least this time its not me! Gah- she might just get a trip to TJ MAXX out of me this time. For those who don't know my mother, this is a very sacred event. TJ Maxx must be visited in every city that she visits. It's like Santa's workshop. So many pretty things, so cheap! I kid, but she does LOVE some TJ MAXX, and in my older and broke years, I can appreciate that in a person.
Unrelated to my mother, Advent has once again been something I hear about and not practiced. I had such high hopes this year before that blasted tumor entered our lives, but it's ok, we are practicing the waiting even if not in a formal way. My mind and heart feel so scattered. I have moments where I think- we need to helping to make clean water in Africa. or we should be sponsoring a child. or maybe, if I could just read some scripture for like 5 minutes a day.
but then I put those two little munchkins to bed, and all I can think about is being still, because I know tomorrow is the same gig.
and it's ok.

No comments :
Post a Comment