well, thanks to my dear friend Shelley at work, I made the yummiest chocolate cake ever! It didn't taste as good as hers, but that didn't stop me from eating half of it! ok, maybe a third?
and why, you ask?
Annie turned 3!
We had a great day with friends and family. Annie was a delight, and all felt right.
until everyone left, and a major meltdown ensued.
life with a three year old.
I know that I sound like a broken record on here many times- but life for me right now is such a mixed bag of delight and exhaustion sometimes. I remember my old pastor talking about this. These rare moments of peace, when you think- this is how I imagined it. This is how things are supposed to be. I am glad we get to experience that- or I suppose enduring the chaos would be unbearable at times.
which makes me think of the word shalom.
and how thankful I am words like that exist.
until everyone left, and a major meltdown ensued.
life with a three year old.
I know that I sound like a broken record on here many times- but life for me right now is such a mixed bag of delight and exhaustion sometimes. I remember my old pastor talking about this. These rare moments of peace, when you think- this is how I imagined it. This is how things are supposed to be. I am glad we get to experience that- or I suppose enduring the chaos would be unbearable at times.
which makes me think of the word shalom.
and how thankful I am words like that exist.

No comments :
Post a Comment