pain

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Is what my body feels! I started my "training" this week- the C25K plan- "couch to 5k". You have NO idea how out of shape I am in, but I am ready and motivated. I am not a runner AT ALL, but all the reviews said this was a doable program and many "non runners" said they had had success- so we'll see!!!! The training takes you on 3 training runs a week- incorporating running and walking- slowing building up your running time each week.

I really debated on what to do to get in shape. I thought about doing a month of bootcamps, or joining ANOTHER gym, so I could swim and take classes. But the reality is that I needed something I could literally walk out the door and do, and as much as I love walking, I know I needed a little more to get myself back into shape.

So, the great thing about this program is there is an Iphone App- and it's awesome. It has all the training days on it, and allows you to play a playlist from your itunes- and best of all it just tells you what to do as you run! You don't have to look at your watch or keep up with time. It just tells you!!!! I love technology!

So, I've been working on my playlist! Please feel free to let me know your favorite workout songs! I need lots!

I've really been enjoying this song by Hanson! So, one of my good friends that I work with, daughter is married to the lead singer, Taylor. All the Hanson boys still live in Tulsa with their families- and I have to tell you, they are producing some great music! Crank it up and have a dance party with your kids!

ok- speaking of kids. I should go love on them. or bathe them. or feed them. anything, I am sure they would appreciate:)

5 comments :

Jackie Fogas said...

Oh good for you, Brooke! This is an ongoing battle for me. Motivated yes, time... struggling. And we have a gym that we are members of 3 minutes from our home. Proud of you!...and amazed that you are able to undertake this so soon after #2!

Courtney said...

Hey Brooke! You are dead on - at this point in life if you can't walk out and do it it isn't going to happen (at least that is the case for me). Neal did the C25K plan too. He is not a runner either and he said that while it hurt in the beginning something terrible it was worth it. He also used an app on his phone to tell him when to switch up and said it helped tremendously because he did not have to do anything extra. After he finished he even went on to run some races to keep him motivated to keep running but after a while - a 4th pregnancy - he stopped. I said that after Hudson I was going to do it again and asked him to start the program over - he's game but we will see. I have not figured out what we are to do with 4 children while we are enjoying 3 running dates a week! Ha!

M.M. said...

brooke- I was JUST starting the C25k program when i found out i was pregnant for the 2nd time. i was about a week in. so i'm planning on getting back on board with it post-c-section recovery. i think it's great, and even though i have no plans to ever be a runner, i totally have plans to try to get my body back at some point! good luck!

Jenn said...

Perfect! Okay Brooke (and Jackie, Courtney, Ashley, and Shawna) I have the perfect plan I've been thinking about for months - I've been waiting for all of you pregnant girls to have babies to suggest it. I say we find a 5K or 10K and maybe one day work our way to a half marathon - find a race in a cool city and let's make it a girl's weekend. It will give us accountability to train for the race - because you have to run it with the rest of us - plus with the added bonus of having time together!! Would this be great or what?? Seaside just had its half marathon and 5K last month - we should totally do a race somewhere!!!! Thoughts - ideas?? By the way I did the couch to 5K before Eli and I loved it - it totally worked and I ran the Race for the cure.

Jennifer said...

brooke,
you don't know me but I'm kelly woodward sprinkle's cousin (whitney's friend) and was an ADPi with Whitney. I love your blog and connect to it through kelly's. anyway, saw your post about C25K. I have never been a runner, ever but embarked on the C25k almost 2 years ago. since then, i've run a 10K and completed my first half marathon this march. best wishes to you...keep up with the training plan and I promise it will be a success!

jennifer spinks

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground