However, at our Community Group last week, the leader of the discussion showed this video with John Piper's voice in the background, commenting on the Prosperity Gospel- name it, claim it, faith healing type of theology. That kind of thought is huge in this part of the country- and like I said, I don't have real strong feelings about it- but I was really struck my John Piper's words- mostly because I feel like at the end of the day, it's what I so desperately want to believe about God.
that he's enough.
when it all goes to hell. He's enough.
This doesn't mean that there isn't hope, and joy and so much to be thankful for.
It doesn't even discount faith.
But we live this vast, emotional life with so many experiences.
I just want Him to be enough in all of it.
watch here:
1 comment :
We have a lot of that 'name it- claim it' stuff around here too. When I told a friend at church that I'm in a wilderness right now where I can't really feel or hear God but that I know He will show Himself to me eventually and that this silence is for a reason, she wanted to lay hands on me and pray against the spirit who was blinding me to God or something like that. It kind of irked me. And then when our worship pastor (whom I really respect and like) said how God always provides by miraculously giving food or money or whatever when there is not enough, I couldn't help but think about a friend of mine who talked about how her Christ-following grandparents literally starved to death in Russia despite their prayers. I like what you say about being in the mystery. That rings truer than anything I've heard in my neck of the woods lately.
Thank you for sharing your journey. It's nice to know there's a fellow wrestler out there.
Post a Comment