The three years Josh and I tried to have a baby were so very long. and often sad. often frustrating. often isolating.
One afternoon I went to a large consignment sale. and I bought this little red rocking chair.
I bought hope that day.
I often looked at that chair and wondered if it was false hope.
just superstition.
but it was an icon, really.
something tangible to represent the intangible.
Today, I found Annie sitting in her rocking chair. holding her baby doll.
She was rocking it, and then asked her if she wanted to hear a song. the baby said yes, of course, and Annie started belting out a sweet baby lullaby. I wonder what she was singing?
I had to smile. at my little icon made real and full. full of melody and life.
praise God to whom all blessings flow.

4 comments :
sweet, sweet post. love her!
very sweet! just visiting again after months off of blog world. love your way...jd
very sweet! just visiting again after months off of blog world. love your way...jd
I'm commenting AGAIN cuz I just read that you're pregnant!!! yay. another girl. R and I were just laughing about your comment, "what will josh do with all this drama?" Maybe God made him so chill for this precise reason!! love it! Congrats to you both. love the miltons
Post a Comment