we're settling into our new home. the walls are mostly fresh with paint, but that's about it. I have kind of enjoyed the blank space and clean lines. The frames will make their way to the walls soon enough, but for now, we are enjoying taking our time in making this our home. I write this as I sit in my kitchen, adorned with country wall paper. It feels nostalgic.
I also feel a bit sad tonight. I shaved Annie's head today. She had some hair that was hanging on for dear life, but it really was more of an annoyance that anything- and now with our twice daily lotion treatments, it was just getting kind of messy. It actually looks better just gone, and now we'll be able to better gage if any hair will make a come back. I have read things on the internet, and decided I best just stay away from my research at this point. too overwhelming.
We were at the pediatrician's appointment this week for her 15 month check-up, and as Annie was playing in the waiting room, a little boy yelled " mom, she's BALD!!!!"- ugh. my heart broke for what perhaps lies ahead. I know that boy didn't mean anything, but I just felt so helpless. Annie obviously was unphased. She just looked at him with her big eyes and said "hi!!!" Annie checked out ok- she's still on the little side- in the 21% in weight, which just perplexes me because she eats like a horse. She can seriously pack it in.
but what I really should share is that Annie is probably the happiest little human I have ever met. She smiles at everyone, says hello, fully animated with hand movements and all kinds of gestures. she's my little hero.
1 comment :
Hang in there friend, and enjoy that precious little one!
Post a Comment