more health updates...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

we went in this morning to have a gazillion tubes of blood drawn. I missed Dr. S's call, but the list of things he wanted to explore was long. I took a look at the list once we got to the hospital, and it looked like he is looking at lots of chemistry panels (iron, vit a, calcium, zinc, magnesium, corticoid, and a few more that I can't remember). He also wanted a urine screen for heavy metals. I would offer some kind of explanation, but I don't really know off the top of my head, except my gut feeling is that we're searching for some nutritional abnormalities- perhaps her body not absorbing or metabolizing nutrients like she should be. anyway, the lab tech said 7-10 days for the results.

Annie did great. She whimpered and cried big crocodile tears, but she was so still and let them get what they needed. I did all of my crying on the drive over.

We came home. She ate and giggled, and now she sleeps.

I love her so much it hurts. pray for sweet annie- that all will be ok.

5 comments :

Jessica said...

We will be praying for you, certainly!!!

marnie said...

We will be praying for a quick answer. Thank God for a Dr. who seems to care. Motherhood is tough,especially when your child is sick and you are not sleeping. One day at a time. God will give you the strength.

marnie said...

We will be praying for a quick answer. Thank God for a Dr. who seems to care. Motherhood is tough,especially when your child is sick and you are not sleeping. One day at a time. God will give you the strength.

Corrie said...

I wish I could be there to give her a hug, but my guess is you've given her enough for all of us! :)

Camille said...

Praying for you and sweet Annie.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground