but I miss him. that josh.
I am in the process of cleaning out once again. cleaning, organizing, and throwing TONS away. read...TONS. If I write TONS and TONS, maybe I will actually follow through on my commitment to throw TONS away.
that wasn't annoying at all.
anyway- I bought lots of cute boxes from Target, because you have to make these things fun, or you'll just lose your mind.
I feel so much better now that I have a wedding box. our letters to each other, our wedding photos, our ceremony that was taped. our invitations and guest list. I will just sleep so much better knowing that box exists.
and my journal box. years upon years of journals. in their own little home.
I have a long way to go, but everything will find a home. a home I can access and not tear up the entire attic looking for one item. I do this. ask my mom.
and now- to bring this back to the husband-
well, I had a busy day today, running hear and there with a cranky baby- and also at our new house getting estimates on floors. I was chatting with the owner, because she is my new best friend (we already have a lunch date planned come Spring so she can see her old yard in bloom)- and it just struck me.
I was kind of happy.
I was kind of happy in Tulsa.
I was driving along, thinking that God has been good to us. That every step of the way, he has paved the road for us. Confirmed our steps. Even in my darkest hours, in all my efforts to change the course of our decisions- the plans have been firm. and the peace has followed.
I had my doubts.
and this is where I get back to josh. what a good man. he's handled it with strength and so much grace.
and I love him for it.
1 comment :
brooke, i could relate to this post... having just moved to portland. and i also want to say that i'm happy you're back on blogger. i lost track of you and it's nice to hear your voice again. :)
Post a Comment