home

Thursday, February 04, 2010

change is coming.

two days ago, I told my mother in law that we wouldn't be buying a house until this Summer. As I was saying that, it's almost like I was having an out of body experience- like I knew that I should never say something like that. you just hardly ever say absolutes like that. They almost always prove you wrong.

well, we had been looking at a house for a few weeks- but it was priced high, and though I liked many of the amenities- it really wasn't a good house for us, and I just needed a few weeks to work through that- and well, at the end of it, I just felt like I wanted to hang up the search for awhile.

however, josh and I knew, based on the the two neighborhoods were primarily looking at, that if we found something, we would most likely have to act fast. we don't like acting fast.

so, bla bla bla- I noticed a house had come on the market this past weekend, so I called to inquire. The agent said it would go fast- one owner home, right neighborhood, house was in pristine condition.

ok, I'll go look.

I was there 10 minutes and texted josh. I don't remember what I wrote- but it was something like "I just found our house"...

This house has good, solid bones. The husband and wife were in the house when we looked at it. We talked about their 5o years in this house. how they bought it new for 33,000. How they raised their family in those rooms, and walked those streets for 50 years. That home had such a good vibe. You can tell when a home has a story. The walls felt so solid- in this weird, intuitive kind of way. When we looked at the other house, I kept having these feelings like the walls were going to cave in. Weird- but I paid attention to it.

So, long story short- we knew there was going to be another offer that night. We had to make a decision. So we did.

We offered a little below their asking price and asked them to pay closing costs- because, well, we just didn't have the money to do that. The agent didn't seem too keen on it. I think she knew this house would go for the asking price. But that was really our only option. Every one says if its the right place, well, it's the right place.

The agent called yesterday and said the woman really liked our family. That she wanted us to have the house. She accepted the offer, and declined to look at the other one.

I have no words.

I look at this house, and I think it's the kind of place we could live a long time. I never thought I would live in Tulsa a long time. I might not. but I might.

I just might.


9 comments :

sara said...

1. that is beautiful.
2. congratulations.
3. thanks for sharing.

4. sincerely, sara h.

Anonymous said...

yay yay yay!!

Corrie said...

Don't know exactly why, but your post made me cry. Sometimes God opens the door in subtle ways--this time, it's like he put down a red carpet for you. So glad for you guys! Maybe I can help you pack when I visit!

Jessica said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E! When God does something, He does it WELL!

Jenn said...

I can't wait to see pics of your new house - do a drive by and take a pic out hanging out the window! Ha! Okay I just realized that if you guys close on this house in 30 days that means you'll be moving the first of March - which happens to be our girl weekend - is there going to be conflict here?? OH no we all might have to fly to Tulsa and pack some boxes.

Brooke Jared said...

don't worry jenn! we close the following weekend, so we are just fine!!!

Leslie said...

Woo hoo! Loved reading this story! Can't wait to see pics of the new place too. Look who's puttin' roots down in Tulsa, OK....

CK said...

what a great story!

Ashley said...

love it...congrats friend!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground