two weeks in

Monday, December 29, 2008

Two weeks in.  All I can say is- oh my goodness. It's been a wild ride, intense, and lovely. And I am so.so. tired. All my family left yesterday and today, so needless to say I have been riding the hormonal roller coaster like a champ.  I was crying a few days before just anticipating their leaving. dreading the tears. I don't know what there is to dread. Perhaps the vulnerability, the uncertainty, the distance. On the other hand, I am excited about being a family with Josh and Annie, and look forward to the coming days...

I am slowly coming out of the 10 month fog of pregnancy. My old interests have creeped back in. There are movies I want to see, books I want to read. Creative juices seem to be flowing again. Food tastes amazing. I am back in my old jeans (there are benefits to having to pump 8-10 times a day!)..sorry if that was too much information. I know I won't get to see all those movies, or read all those books, or create all the things I want to create, but I am thankful for at least feeling like I WANT to- it feels like I am in the land of the living again.

Well, it's time to feed little Annie, and then Josh and I praying the wee one sleeps a bit, because well, we are tired:)




4 comments :

Leslie said...

Get some sleep! I'm SO glad you are back to feeling like yourself. Wish I was there.

susan said...

Gosh. You are doing so so well.

Suzanne Owen Jones said...

i am tired. and emotional. and crazy. two months too long with no sleep is killing me. back in your old jeans? now that is amazing my friend. i already love annie, i can't wait to get to hold her.

Ann Louise said...

Hey Brooke! I just found your blog! Annie is beautiful!!!!!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground