merry christmas and fa ra ra ra ra

Thursday, December 25, 2008

christmas card
Merry Christmas everyone. It was a quiet day around here for us. The family (extended) gets here one by one over the next few days, so our celebrating is being delayed a few days, which is kind of nice, as we are still in the early days of stupor, sleep deprivation, nervousness, totally awestruck, feeding craziness, tears, laughing, more tears, more laughing. Our days are so strange, we lost track of time yesterday and never made it to the grocery store before it's early closing. We managed to come up with a good breakfast and then for Christmas lunch, all we managed to find was a Chinese Buffet. I was a bit timid with the little one,  so we hid in the corner, and we had some good laughs with Mom and Jim as we munched on our sweet and sour chicken and Lo mein. Any other day I would have been a bit grossed out, but you had to laugh. Our own little Christmas Story  moment. All we needed was a sexy lamp and bee bee gun and we would have been set:) It's a good story, and one we'll remember for a long time.

The good food starts tomorrow. It will be a bit noisier here, but I look forward to being around all of my family these next few days. I would not have made it this year without all of their support and excitement to meet their little Annie. I still can't process all that has happened this past week and a half. Sometimes it hits me, and the tears fall quickly, as I think how different things could have turned out. I am so deeply thankful that God spared us in those tender, fragile moments of Annie's birth. 

I can already see how fast the time will go. I have had to really tell myself to stay in the moment. I find my mind wandering to the future and I wonder why it's so difficult for us to be present. I guess our hearts are always restless for something- may it find it's rest in God- who is both mysterious and sure- no matter the circumstance.




3 comments :

Kristi said...

Wow Brooke - she is beautiful! Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Tirzah said...

seriously- Beautiful. I wish we were there to cry and laugh with you- the heights and the depths. You cant beat it. Enjoy

Leslie said...

Look at this little girl! Brooke - you are a Mom! It is all still hitting me. Wish I was there to cry and laugh with you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground