

for all the well wishes. We were so happy to have some time with Annie today. We just loved on her and Josh sang songs to her. It was really nice. It breaks my heart to leave her at night. I just feel like we should be there- but we all need our rest right now.
We got a little more info on Annie today and what all happened. Turns out she was more or less in shock (the medical state) when born. So they are going to watch her for at least 3-4 more days, perhaps a few more. She'll actually be here most likely through the weekend. She really is doing well, I think the neonatalogist just wants to make sure all her systems recover well, that she starts feeding ok, etc...They also want to make sure she stays infection free- so she is on 6 days of antibiotics, which will add to her long stay. It's not ideal, but I feel much more comfortable with her staying and having the support she needs (and me:)...
The c-section pain hit me tonite, but its manageable. I am still elated at how good I feel otherwise- no nausea for the first time in 9 months!
Anyway- thanks again for all the comments. We love little Annie (or should I say little Josh- she looks so much like him!)
7 comments :
Oh Brooke, she is so beautiful! You the toughest woman I know to come through all of that in such high spirits! I know how tough it is to be separated and you're doing so well. God bless you all. I'm so thrilled for you!
Huh - yes this is little Josh! Sydney Kate looked just like her daddy when she was born and now 3 yrs. later everyone says she looks like me?? You just never know! so happy for you guys!
You know, I see Josh, but I certainly see you, too. I love her hair. You all are blessed!
She is so beautiful!!! Congratulations Brooke and Josh, and I will continue to pray for your precious family. Merry Christmas.
Congrats to you guys! What a sweet baby came from all that trauma! Your attitude seems so great and I'm glad you're feeling better. I look forward to watching her grow on the blog! Bridges wants Josh to know he says congrats, too :)
That little yawn is precious. Have fun loving on her...you guys will continue to be in our prayers!
I had a lot of road time yesterday and was thinking of Annie Ruth. Pardon the lengthy comment of garrulous Grandpa Joe, a sonnet:
December 19, 2008
She's here, small Annie, now three days of age.
She came through trauma by caesarian.
I wonder if her soul hung at the edge
Of that bright realm whence none returns again.
But he who eyes the sparrow brought her in;
The One who hung the Pleiades on high,
Aldebaran, Orion, and the moon.
He, too, came here through trauma to be nigh.
So Annie Ruth is here on earth to cry
And laugh, to find her way to life and truth,
To don a diaper through the wet and dry,
To whet a cutting edge - a baby tooth.
The One who eyes the sparrow woos the soul:
Wee Annie, give your heart, not half, but whole!
Post a Comment