The nightly walk

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Well, we've initiated the nightly walk here in Tulsa.  The walk to clear our heads. The walk to please our dog. The walk that is ever so uncomfortable for me, but with hopes that it will get things moving and bring Annie on her way. It's cold, but it's fun to get bundled up, scarf and coat, and breathe it all in.

There is this undercurrent to it as well, this thing underneath all the anticipation, that everything is about to be so different. The emotion of it all really overwhelms me. We walk, me and Josh and the Welsie- and it's quiet. and even a little sad. but in a good way. sad because you love someone and knowing a season of your love is changing. 

well, I better stop, before the tears really start falling. Josh is cooking tonight, and it smells real good. I better go eat...


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

so sweet, so sweet
joy

The Guthries said...

Very sweet. I'm sure there are some unusual mixed feelings going on. Y'all have been married longer than I have, but I can't imagine right now how y'all must feel with the changes around the corner. What a sweet time to share together.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground