finally....

Monday, April 21, 2008




Sooo, this has been the reason for my absence.  I'm pregnant!  It's still rather early, but we saw a heartbeat this morning, and I am sick sick sick, so why not share....

It's been such a long, exciting, anxious past couple of weeks. This was a complete shock, as we were not taking any drugs. I have been telling my nurses for the past year that I did NOT want to be on the Today Show with my 8 kids- so you can imagine how thrilled we were that we were able to get pregnant without creating a small country. 

I have cried a lot. It's been such a sweet experience to tell my family and friends. I have also been a nervous wreck. I have gone to the book store several times already and just stared at a wall of books and had to walk away. I just couldn't believe it was happening.

I have been bombarded with morning (afternoon, evening) sickness the past two days, so it's all starting to feel a bit more real. And of course, seeing that little baby this morning, was a sweet, sweet gift.

I wish I had more energy to write and I suppose I am still a bit nervous as it is still very early in the pregnancy. We'd appreciate you prayers...




27 comments :

Jenn said...

The first ultrasound makes it real...seeing that tiny "peanut" and then the little flashing of a heart beat! It is simply amazing. Praying for you guys and still leaping with joy for the answered prayer of a little one growing inside of you!!!

Alyssa said...

Brooke - I have tears in my eyes right now. We are praying...

Lyra said...

Hi, Brooke. I know you don't know me, but somehow I stumbled upon your blog quite a while back and added you to my google reader. My husband is a student at Covenant and so I'm sure I somehow came across you b/c of that. Anyway, I just want to tell you how happy I am for you! I tried for quite a while to get pregnant with my son, and I have also walked with other women through the struggles of infertility. So, my heart is filled with joy right now! I love to hear good news like this!

The Lovealls said...

Brooke-
You dont know me either. Actually your blog has been a BIG encouragement to me. Marilynn Baker encouraged me to check out your blog about a year ago when i was having infertility issues (we are now 8 months pregant). I just want you to know that I am SO happy for you and your husband. I will pray your baby will grow and be healthy! I am SO happy for you!!!!!!
Love,
Emily

susan said...

If I was Charismatic, I'd be in need of some serious interpretation right now.

As it is, I need some clean pants because in my sheer glee, I have just peed myself.

Stephanie said...

Brooksie,
You just made my day! Congrats!

Steph H.

Shea said...

We are thrilled for you! We will be praying.

Amanda said...

brooke - my heart literally lept when i read this! i am so incredibly happy for you and josh ... i know it has been a long, long road. love you guys ...

Shannon Lewis said...

Brooke - I am SO SUPER excited for you and Josh!!

Congratulations!!
Shannon Lewis

Katharine F. Bedsole said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news. Praying, praying, praying.

Ashley said...

So, so, so, so, so excited to see the "peanut"!!! I told Jenn today that I hate that you're dealing with morning (or all day) sickness, but I also love that you're dealing with morning sickness!! We are praying for that little one so much these days : ) Can't wait to see you!

Elisa M said...

Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

totally got chills reading the news...how excited i am for you, my friend. it was equally so reading the comments of those before me to see the lives you have impacted by your sheer honesty and vulnerability. god is doing a work in you and around you, brooke. thanks for being a vessel. i am praying for stamina, continued joy, strength, and wisdom. i love you, my friend, whatever the season! congratulations!
jb

we are the spencers said...

you don't know me either! but my husband went to covenant too (graduated last may). i found your blog through sarah hagers and read it often. i love your photography and your honest writing, so refreshing! anyway, i wanted to say congrats and that i am so excited for you. i will be praying for you. by the way, i used to live in oklahoma city. i never lived in tulsa, but i have heard only good things about it, that it is a great city. hope you like it, the people in oklahoma are very friendly! look forward to hearing more about your pregnancy.

katie said...

brooke!!! congrats!! this is the most beautiful photo you have shown so far!!

Anonymous said...

Brooke & Josh,

God is good!! A new life growing in you and a new home in Tulsa. You will both be such great parents.
Hugs to all 3 of you.

Marilyn & Chris Baker

Anonymous said...

o yes, o yes, how very deeply sweet it is, Brooke. my heart is leaping with yours. my prayers go with you.

Brooke Jared said...

thanks everyone so much...

K.S. said...

brooke, i am so excited for you and josh and will be praying for y'all in the coming months...kelly

Susan said...

brookie, YAHOO! i am soooo excited for y'all! what sweet joy and relief! love you both! (from someone who was the answer to 6 years of prayer by her parents). :)

Jessica said...

Yeah!!! The Rinn Kids Baby Prayer Team has another answered prayer!! AMAZING! AWESOME! SO EXCITING! CONGRATS!
The Rinns

Neil E. Das said...

What can I say that hasn't already been said, other than to tell you that I, too, am rather weepy just now. May God bless the wee one and you and Josh.

Michael said...

We join the many voices of congratualtions and joy as well as well as the prayers on your behalf. We are soooo excited for you! ~jackie

The G's said...

Brooke,
Although I do not know you, I stumbled on your blog a while ago and foud the way you recorded your "journey" to get pregnant not only encouraging, but your honesty is just what I needed to read as we are going through the same process. I find your news more encouraging than you know -- especially as we are trying to keep things as natural as possible. May God bless you and your baby, and praise Him for this gift!
With Christian love,
Alicia

sbh said...

oh brooke, i have tears in my eyes! praise the Lord! I am so glad that you are sick...I think that's a good thing : ) YEA!

Kristi said...

Brooke! I am so happy for you! What an answer to prayer! And just so you know - I wasn't sick with my son...just my daughter! Eat lots of cheerios - it really helps!
Kristi

intucston said...

This is the most wonderful thing. We down here in Tucson are very excited and are praying for this new little life and his or her mama and dad. Praise the Lord!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground