i really tried

Thursday, November 29, 2007

not to be a grinch today. I had some things I needed to get. one of those places being at the mall. I needed something at a book store. I thought this could be accomplished with minimal angst. BUT, as I was walking, trying to self-talk myself into holiday cheer, the crazy kiosk people started badgering me. kiosks have been around for awhile in the mall. I have even temporarily lost my mind once and bought some lotion from "the dead sea" (note: on back of bottle it says "made in New Jersey".) Anyway, the past few times I have been in the mall, these people have taken their kiosk job to a new level. Some punk today practically threw a pillow stuffed with something aromatic in my face. "lady, lady, won't you smell it? won't you try?" . sheesh. To which I replied, "I don't want to TRY it." I was so close to making a major scene. so close to telling that BOY that my name is Brooke, and I was not interested in his smelly pillow, and further more, even if I was, I would no longer be due to his OBNOXIOUS behavior. What's even worse, is that I had to pass him again. We did the whole song and dance again, and I walked straight to my car.

I am a bit disillusioned with Christmas. I love the day. being with family. warm food and lights. music. I even like giving gifts.

I do not like the chrismas silliness. and crazy kiosk people.

4 comments :

Corrie said...

Brooke, we have those dead sea people at the Denton mall, too, and they drive me crazy! I was there last night, and the smooth-looking man asked me, "Ma'am, may I ask you a question," to which I replied, "No" and sailed on. It's always hard when you're with kids, because you want to teach your children to be polite, but politeness does not work with kiosk people or telemarketers, I've found. They only respond to profound harshness.

Camille said...

Hilarious! those people drive me nuts too!
My favorite comment, "My name is Brooke and I am not interested in his smelly pillow."
Classic my friend.

Amanda said...

Well put, my friend. I wonder how much business those people actually do, and how they manage to have multiple dead sea kiosks in our fair state when everyone shares an extreme disgust for them. I also really love the people who try to get you to try on fake hair, or try out their special hair straighteners, or buy special windows for your house. Although not as aggressive as the dead sea folk, I find the fake hair a little more disturbing than lotion and salt scrubs.

littlestreetfighter's Mom said...

i know that guy!!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground