lars and the real girl

Sunday, November 18, 2007

I give Birmingham a hard time for its lack of independent film showings. But, The Summit, ironically, is showing Lars and the Real Girl. I thought it was a great film, and I shed a few tears, but I won't say why, because you should go out and see this movie...

The Summit is also showing Bella, which has also gotten some great reviews. Don't know how long either will be there-
We're going to try and see Bella this week.

I am reading. Eat. Pray. Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert. A really good memoir so far. Sad, but good. It comes at the perfect time in my life where all the edges feel rough. Noone told me my thirties would be so deeply hard. My twenties were filled with all kind of melodramatic feeling and dreams, but my thirties, man, they are wearing. me. out.

I am probably going to start a new blog journaling our walk through infertility. I don't mind sharing things here, but I feel like I need a place to process without feeling like I am making people suffer through posts about doctors appointments or my irrational anger toward cute pregnant women. We are also about to seriously consider adoption, which means I might actually have to grieve our current loss of not being able to have a baby- and well, that feels pretty difficult, overwhelming, etc...anyway, I'll share when its up and going.

ALSO, ever since I got this mac, my blogger posting screen has no options for hyperlinking. Anybody had this problem, have a solution?

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's Mac. I think it's Safari. We had to download Firefox for OS X to be able to use the full functionality of blogger. And it comes in handy with the other few sites that don't support Safari. If that doesn't solve it, then you're over my head - sorry!

Anonymous said...

thanks! I'll try that. is that you david smith? we want yall over for dinner soon.

susan said...

I was just about to say what David said. Smart man.


Brooke, I don't know what to say about the other things in your post because they feel sacred and I feel like an elephant tromping around in a miniature village trying to speak to them, but I read them and I care and I'm praying.

susan said...

About dinner, Brooke, we really want to come. I'm working on two research papers and an article, but I'll be all done soon.

susan

Anonymous said...

brooke, saw bella. good...although it might be hard to see.
jb

theclowers5!!! said...

i have not met you but i'm good friends with jackie fogas. she shared your blog with me months ago and i take a look every now and again. just wanted to say i appreciate your honesty and openness and sharing your pain. it IS a hard "journey" and it's not fair, to be quite honest. but i'm encouraged by your thoughts and words. thank you for being real!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground