checking in

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I have tried writing a blog post for two weeks now- i try, but nothing feels right. do you ever have seasons where you just feel kind of boring? I guess that's how I have been feeling-

things are relatively peaceful around here- despite me feeling like a total bore:) Fall is here, sort of. work is good. photography is fun and a challenge. i am reading some good books.

today, I spent the day at Smith Lake with some friends. It was such a perfect day, hardly a cloud in the sky- not at all hot. I floated in the water and rode the Sea-doo a lot. It was really fun and a perfect way to close out the Summer.


well, that's all from love in the ruins.

3 comments :

Stephanie said...

Thanks for checking in, Brooksie!

Charlotte said...

What good books are you reading?

Anonymous said...

I am reading "take this bread" by sara miles (still reading, jury still out); "evangelical is not enough" by thomas howard. Josh turned me on to this guy- very good, thoughtful writer, fundamentalist turned Catholic(he is actually elizabeth eliot's brother). I read his "memoir", 'lead kindly, light'- which was a great introduction, and this book is giving me all kinds of things to think about.

ummm, i think that's all right now.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground