quiet

Sunday, June 10, 2007

what a week. I was kind of sad yesterday when my grandmother and mom and jim drove off. it's been so busy and full with the new baby niece here and family and food. it's tiring the way hard laughter is tiring. it's good.

anyway, the quiet is kind of lonely, but I am trying to rest in it. gillian welch helps. it's funny, how she makes me such less afraid of loss. her music has a way of redeeming my fear.

dad and jackie will be here friday. we'll do it all again. and i will be a little sad again, and i will probably tell you about it.

until then, have a good week.

2 comments :

Whitney said...

i am right there with you with the sadness...can't wait to do it again this weekend!!! and possibly tomorrow if you can stand a visit from me and addison. love you!

Tirzah said...

Hey Brooke I cant remember the Irish blessing, Something about the road rising to meet you or the sun on your face. Do you?

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground