stop the whining.

Friday, January 12, 2007

this has been a long week. 10 days in a row of work. i hit whining mode about two days ago, which i am sure is quite miserable to anyone who has had to listen to it. I really dislike this about myself, because I know it doesn't actually help anything, its actually slightly, if not totally annoying, and it just makes me even more tired, all the whining, that is. but I do it anyway. Its my way.

so I had today off, and my whining ceased. I slept. ate cereal. slept some more. watched last nite's greys anatomy on the internet because I was asleep last nite at 8:30. around 11 I left to spend gift cards that i hadn't been able to use because of all the working (again, the whining)...only to do something else that is totally my way. I bought 5 tshirts at the GAP. all with my gift cards. no cool skirt, or trendy shirt, but 5 plain t shirts. 3 long sleeve. 2 short. 2 white. grey. green. blue. insanely boring. I had already been into Anthropologie and looked longingly at some very cool dishes. but no, 5 very plain t-shirts. I can't help myself.

on another note...

anyone out there have some suggestions for a good book to get lost in for a weekend?


13 comments :

katie said...

brooke, thanks for stopping by!! how fun to see you in "blog world" and by the way, i can totally relate with choosing mulitple "boring" shirts over something trendy. i think i'm stuck there! :)
books? have you read memory keeper's daughter or kite runner? two of my favorites this winter.

Tirzah said...

YUM YUM shirts, did you see the long socks? I splerjed and bought 3 pares! Books- Bo and I are reading The History of the World in 6 Glasses, and Gilead by M Robinson. Hey I added a link to you- hope thats ok.

Anonymous said...

brooke, hello. cool of you to stop in on my wife's site. it's funny how impersonal blogs can SEEM in theory and yet i talk to so many people through blogging that i had not talked to for years before. anyway. i would second katie's vote for kite runner. (i have a list of most intriguing reads of 06 on my blog where it "review" kite runner and others.)

Brooke Jared said...

thanks for all the good book suggestions. I think kite runner wins for this weekend. tirzah- I loved gilead and her other book is also good, but totally different..."Housekeeping".

kristen said...

I couldn't think of a book recommendation (Mike said that was strange, and I must be sick or something.) I did like the Kite Runner. However, I must comment to say there is no shame in buying many t-shirts. I have a uniform of solid colored cotton shirts in short, 3/4 and long sleeves. It's easy to get dressed that way. Less thinking required.

abigail said...

i must echo the recommedation to read kite runner. it is very good. very sad and very good.

Anonymous said...

what's up brooksy? i too recently went through the gap only to try on t-shirts. it was then that Tirzah informed me that "we are no longer gap women.....we are moving into the 'ann taylor' phase of life" to which we both paused and sighed. i'm not ready.

books...hmmmm. have you read the kite runner?? JUST KIDDING! I would suggest the memoir "Waiting for Snow in Havana" - that's my January pick.

Brooke Jared said...

leslie! you commented. love it. I actually made a cd last nite and
thought I would send it to you. its totally random, but you would appreciate it.

ann taylor,shmam taylor.

intucston said...

wait, Les, why the Ann Taylor phase? I mean they are a good once in a while store, but you have to put it to the gap for sticking with us for all these years; we just can't abandon them.

I, too, love that you posted on several of these blogs! Yippee...

Tirzah said...

alright. lets clear this Gap vs. Ann T issue up. Yes I did say Gap does not have any clothes that fit right now, I mean really who can fit into those long long shirts and pencil jeans? And I love the clothes I have from AT cause they last years and years. But please dont get me wrong Gap will always be the place I go first, I just think AT is a little more realist for my body right now but not the price:).

Brooke Jared said...

I get you Tirzah. I haven't actually bought anything from the gap in a LONG TIME, except for T- shirts. i am just glad i get to wear scrubs most of the time so i don't have to deal with fashion at all!

Anonymous said...

Have you read Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell, by Susanna Clarke? I may have already recommended it to you. Wonderful story, funny, and well-written. The best part: it's deliciously long. I hate coming to the end of a good book. Well, this one puts the end off for quite a while.

Brooke Jared said...

ck-

josh read that this summer and really liked it. Its on the list.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground