

we made this dish tonite, and it was quite good, for those who like to indulge in a little ethnic cuisine. here's the recipe. it has a bite, so if you don't like spicy, then go easy on the curry paste. this will feed at least 6 people; and it's really quite inexpensive.
thai curry with chicken
first suggestion: if you have an asian market near you, i would get the coconut milk and the red curry paste from there. it's better, and it's cheaper.
what you'll need:
1 onion/ sliced
1 bell pepper/ sliced
2 cloves garlic/ minced
1 can red curry paste
2 cans coconut milk
2 chicken breasts/ sliced
2 cups rice/ steamed
go ahead and start your rice while you are making the sauce
saute onions and garlic in olive oil...however much you want
add bell peppers, let them get a bit soft
add curry paste (i bought a small can; but it's a liberal amount)
mix all together for a minute or two
add the coconut milk
let the sauce get hot, so that you see it bubble (you want sauce to be hot enough to cook the chicken)
add raw chicken, let it cook for 10 minutes or so, until chicken is cooked through
serve over rice!
sooo good.
2 comments :
Brookie! I just found your blog again today. (And your thai looks delicious. I will have to try the recipe). For the past few nights I have been having dreams about Red Mtn. Church. (You were in the one last night. It was good to see your face in my mind's eye.) I'm thinking it means I must come visit soon... Maybe in October when the weather's nice. So keep an eye out for me....
LOVE YOU and think of you all the time!
Sus
yes, you should come. soon.
Post a Comment