It's Summer! We've been taking it REAL slow this week. I say that, I was busy on the front end with work, work, work, but other than that, we really haven't left the house. We've been playing outside and napping and generally not cleaning very much.
I have finally learned that sending my children to their room is the only discipline that works, so I have been doing that a lot with the kicking and screaming ensues. Thankfully it seems to alternate between the two and a quick 5 minutes of getting all that frustratin' out seems to do the trick.
I have also resorted to snacks being peanut butter on a spoon (which my kids think is AWESOME). So that makes me awesome right?
This week I spoke with a young girl who is about to start Samford in the Fall (my alma mater). I was so excited talking to her and when I told her we didn't have a/c in our freshman dorm she looked at me like I studied by candlelight as well. I then had to take a deep breath when I realized that a.) I started college 20 years ago and b.) SHE WAS NOT BORN.
cue, midlife crisis.
In all seriousness, it was a heart heavy week, too.
One of Annie's little classmates lost her Daddy in a sudden accident. There doesn't seem anything more unjust than a little girl losing her daddy. I have been so heart broken over it, the kind that just takes your breath away. I resort to all of the psalms heart cries. why, why and more why? how long, o lord. have mercy.
None of that relieves the sadness, which is really nothing compared to their own sadness.
The only answer I have is to be present in my own life. to pray for them.
I am also losing my sweet neighbors. I am living in certain denial over this. These were the best neighbors, the kind that feel like family. We're enjoying our lazy afternoons with them as they have showing after showing.
For the record, every dear friend I have met in this town moves to Texas, This is #3!!!! I have got one covering the border towns, one in dfw area, and now this one moving to the Texas Hill Country. We almost have the state covered, so NO MORE FRIENDS MOVING.
Well, that's about it. Week 1 of Summer under our belt.
Happy Friday:)
No comments :
Post a Comment