By some miracle, I managed to have a week off between two work weeks. I won't try to explain that, all you need to know is that I didn't have to work all night for like 7 nights in a row, twice.
I was feeling pretty close to the ledge, so tired in every respect, so I am thankful for the life rest has given me.
We are adjusting to our new schedules, slowly but surely. I have been living a "light driving" kind of life for the past few years, and all of that has changed. I had forgotten the mental drag that is associated with being in the car so much. Annie has school south of where we live, and she only goes for 4 hours, so unless we park it out by the school all morning (which is actually in my master plan), well, we just end up on the road for a good chunk of our day. Add soccer practice and games, and well, that line item in the budget just went up quite a bit...
So here we are, with homework sheets and reading logs, and yogurt all over my hard wood floors.
Here are my girls. They are really starting to be best friends, and I love that.
I hope all is well out there.

No comments :
Post a Comment