Hi friends out there! Summer has been amazingly mild and we've been soaking it up.
We just returned from a jam packed week in Colorado. That place is AMAZING in the Summer. I hope we get to do that again one day. Josh is a mountain man, and I love the beach, but I can tell you- I was impressed.
Life is busy and slow all at the same time. My brain keeps ticking away and we have some exciting things brewing. My heart continues to ebb and flow through my ever sweet reminder of (thank you madeleine l'engle) that I am living the "tired thirties".
I find myself jumping in and out of blogs and social media these days. I think about hanging it up all together, and then I read something that actually helps and encourages, and feel thankful for the access. Been thinking more about hospitality and praying God begins to use that longing again. Some people remain wonderfully hospitable with small kids, but I have found the days to be long and energy scarce. With that said, I am hoping for some new beginnings as we continue through our lazy Summer and enter into the Fall Season. I don't know much these days except that God loves me. and you. The theologians may scoff, my call my theology weak- but over and over, love seems to be the only thing that really inspires, heals, quickens, and changes me.
So, here's to meal sharing and hope.
and some summer pics.
love,
brooke

No comments :
Post a Comment