making soup. snapshots.

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

sometimes I don't know how to capture my thoughts, other than snapshots. Those moments in the day, when the clarity comes.

A friend on Facebook recently said something that stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Sometimes you have a night where the Fall seems totally restrained and you remember a fresh the truth you have staked your life on"

Working all night to be home with my girls. Homemade soup. Trying to make my home beautiful. Turning the stones, over and over- hoping the truth is still there, and smiling when God shows up.


Admitting the sadness that comes, when the same people irritate you, when your relationships disappoint, when anger wins, again.

You wonder, will I ever be saved? Will I ever be free?

Sometimes I get lost in the new heavens and the new earth. I think of years unhindered, our beat up souls, free.

I think of the people, I'll enjoy, when it's all made right.

Am I crazy to stake my life on this?

Maybe.

I  do not share many things with the Saints.

But I stand with Peter, To whom shall I go? You have the words of eternal life. (I say in my heart.)

Until then?

I make soup. Share a table. stake my life on Jesus.




No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground