uneasy

Friday, July 22, 2011

the older I get, the less adaptable I am to change.

I start day shift this week, and I feel the anxiety creeping in.

same job, mind you. just in the DAY.

how silly can I be.

Josh has been gone this week, too,- and so the rhythms get disrupted. I feel shaky and unsure at times.

I feel this way in Tulsa, a lot. It feels more like home than before, but it still feels more like a foreign country.

I wonder about friends of mine of moved from their countries years ago to live here. Do they ache for their homeland? I can't imagine.

I watched a movie today- "the other woman"- this title is very misleading, because it's much more about the loss of a child. oh my goodness, it was gut wrenching, and beautifully acted by Natalie Portman. It's up there with "and then she found me", as one of the more real and well acted films I have seen.

There is so much crap out there, selling us a life that doesn't exist- that I am oddly refreshed when a film portrays something very real and messy.

This films walks through grief, and you feel every ounce of it. but there is redemption in the end, and I happen to believe in that reality, too.

well, that was random. it's quiet here, gonna try and get some sleep.

good night all.

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground