and so it goes....

Saturday, December 11, 2010

the week just kept getting more interesting.

double ear infections for annie.
I finally got what she got, and my ears don't feel so hot either.
oh, I failed my 3 hour glucose test.

yeah, so I met with my "diabetic counselor" yesterday, and I gave up my love for orange juice for the next 9 weeks. (which, by the way, my "counselor" thinks this may have been the culprit. I have been drinking LOTS of orange juice. the entire pregnancy. Its been one of my only cravings....

anyway, the good news is that all of my blood sugars have been normal since I started checking them yesterday- so if I lay off the juices I should be ok. and of course, sweets and coke and that kind of thing- which is always a challenge around the holidays. Thankfully, I don't care too much about all that right now, so it shouldn't be an issue...

hopefully we'll spend the weekend getting well.

we sure do need to feel well around here.... it's Christmas, for the love!


2 comments :

Jackie Fogas said...

Bummer, Brooke! What a rough time to be a "diabetic"! Hopefully it will serve you well in the end...and help with the possibly inevitable "muffin top" that seems to really develop after number 2 (sorry!). For me, this means I have an 18 month old and just a few weeks ago, a prof asked me if I am expecting again.... The answer is "No." No, I am not. Can't believe you are in the single digit countdown! Hope you experience some shalom in health arena soon!

Jenn said...

Brooke I am on week 7 of sickness in my house. For 7 weeks (except thanksgiving week) some child or adult has been sick which means I am becoming a total basket case!! We've been through stomach virus as a whole family, strep throat, sinus stuff, flu like stuff, ear infections, etc. You get the point - if we don't get well soon I'm getting in my car and I may end up in Tulsa before I stop driving:) Praying this ends soon for us both! love you friend. Oh sorry about the 3 hr test - I had to take that one with Eli and It made me so sick. I did pass but not by much.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground